- Vascular Sciences
- Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
- Spine Care and Research
- Plastic, Hand & Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Maternal and Child Health
- Cleft Palate and Lip Deformities
- Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Arthritis & Joint Replacement
- Other Specialities
Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences (JIVAS)
Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences (JIVAS) started as Department of Vascular Surgery at BMJH in 2000. It was renamed JIVAS in 2002 to reflect on its goal of providing a holistic approach to manage vascular diseases. JIVAS has several divisions, which merge seamlessly to provide care for complex vascular problems and a wide spectrum of arterial, venous diseases and diabetic foot problems. All diseases of the blood vessels (except the heart and the brain) are cared for by JIVAS. The hospital is an internationally recognised centre for medical tourism. National and international patients visit JIVAS as it provides the perfect balance between cutting-edge technology and compassionate staff. The institute is not resting on its laurels and is developing new and innovative techniques to manage vascular diseases through its involvement in multicentre global research projects.
Offers complete spectrum of “open” surgical procedures for wide varieties of arterial pathologies such as:
• Occlusive and aneurysmal diseases of lower and upper limbs
• Abdomen (aortic, mesenteric and renal arteries)
• Chest (thoracic aorta)
• Neck (carotid, subclavian arteries)
• Vascular trauma
All Vascular Surgical procedures involving arteries and veins in the body, except those around the heart and brain, are performed at JIVAS.
• Vascular trauma surgery
• Vascular bypass procedures
• Vascular Trauma
• Aneurysm Surgery
• Haemodialysis Access Surgery
• Vascular Malformations
Minimally invasive catheter based therapies are complementary to Vascular Surgeries and not mutually exclusive. We offer both forms - integrated as ACENT (Advanced Centre for Endovascular Therapy) and customise the best form of procedure for that particular patient.
• Endovascular Aneurysm repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (EVAR)
• Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm (TEVAR)
• Angioplasty for Limb Salvage
• Endovascular and Surgical Treatments for mesenteric (intestine blood vessels), renal (kidney blood vessels), Hepatic and Portal Venous Problems
A dedicated Hybrid Endovascular Suite with a state-of-the-art cath lab, helps us to correct even more complex pathologies with higher precision and lesser morbidity enabling treatment of more cases in out-patient setting.
The first dedicated foot clinic in India, offering services at low cost. Nearly 18 lakh patients in rural/semi urban areas are treated free of cost over the years. Our foot care department offers customised footwear for diabetics, one of the very few in India.
We are equipped with world-class orthotic, gait lab and a limb rehabilitation centre (available in very few centres across the world).
• Diabetic foot clinic for Complete Foot Evaluation
• Neuropathy evaluation of foot and Vascular Foot Evaluation
• Care for Foot ulcers and Foot Infections
• Foot and Ankle Surgery for Diabetic Problems
JIVAS Vein Clinic specialises in the treatment of varicose veins, spider veins and thread veins. Chronic venous diseases require a combined approach of non-operative therapy and newer minimally invasive procedures.
• Compression therapy for treatment of Varicose Veins
• Ambulatory phlebectomy
• Endovenous ablative procedure.
• Deep venous reconstruction and venous bypass
• Procedures for Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
• Varicose veinssurgery
JIVAS is one of the first departments in the country to be approached for any international research studies.
• JIVAS is the first department in India to be recognised by National Board of Examiners (NBE) for 3 years vascular surgery training programme (DNB).
• Foot Clinic has trained several foot care workers from India and across the world.
• Prestigious International Vascular Journals have published several articles, and clinical data from JIVAS. Our consulting staffs are prominent invitees regularly invited as “Faculty” in international vascular conferences across the world, apart from being in committees for setting international vascular standards.
• We have completed over 20 studies, apart from “Stem cell” therapy for Buerger’s disease on our initiative with one of the highest recruitments, published in reputed international journal.
• JIVAS also has one of the best-equipped libraries among vascular departments in India.
- Dr. Kalkunte R. Suresh
MBBS, DABS, FACS
Director and Consultant Vascular Surgeon
- Dr. Vivekanand
MBBS, MS, FVES
Asst. Director and Consultant Vascular Surgeon
- Dr. Indushekar S.
Consultant Interventional Radiologist
- Dr. Vishnu M.
MBBS, MS, FNB (Vas. Surg.)
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
- Dr. Sumanth Raj
MBBS, MS, FIVS
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
- Dr. Girija K.R.
MBBS, MHSc (Diab), F. Diab
Registrar Vascular and Diabetologist
- Dr. Mamata S.H.
MBBS, MS, FVES
Visiting Consultant Vascular Surgeon
- Dr. Poonam C. Naik
- Dr. Vinaya A.S.
Clinical Podiatrist and Coordinator Diabetic Foot Clinic
- Ms. Usha P.
Direct number: 080 2220 7188
24-hr Hotline: 98806 00725
Fax: +91 80 2220 8311
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jain Institute of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine (JIPSM)
Jain Institute of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine (JIPSM) launched in March of 1999 is a highly proficient unit dealing exclusively with pulmonary diseases and their treatments. Our pulmonologists are committed to excellence and are globally recognized for their knowledge and expertise in the management of diseases pertaining to the lungs and chest.
- Asthma and Allergic Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (C.O.P.D.)
- Pulmonary Infections like Pneumonia, Tuberculosis etc.
- Acute and Chronic Respiratory Failure
- Sleep-related Breathing Disorders like Obstructive Sleep Apneas
- Interstitial Lung Diseases and Sarcoidosis
- Other Chronic Respiratory Diseases
• Pulmonary Function Tests: Basic and Advanced
- Basic Test – Spirometry/ Pulmonary Function Test/Lung Function Test
- Advanced Test – Lung Volumes and Diffusion Studies
• Interventional Techniques:
- Fibre-Optic Video Bronchoscopy/EBUS
• Complete Polysomnography (Sleep Studies)
• 6-minute walk test and incremental shuttle walk test
• Allergy test – skin prick tests
• Assessment of airway inflammation by estimating exhaled nitric oxide
• Non-invasive ventilatory services with home ventilation
• Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis – for nutritional assessment
• Out-patient and In-patient Services with 24X7 Emergency and Critical Care Services
• CPAP therapy and Non-Invasive Ventilatory Services
• Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services (first-of-its-kind in Karnataka) offered for many Chronic Respiratory Disease patients which helps them to deal with their Respiratory Disability
Sleep Lab and Polysomnography
Launched in 1999, the sleep lab at JIPSM is one of the first sleep labs in South India and has successfully treated over 5,000 patients. Sleep lab is chiefly used to diagnose ‘Sleep Apnea Syndrome,’ which is a condition wherein the patient encounters frequent choking episodes during sleep resulting in low oxygen/disrupted sleep/daytime sleepiness and fatigue. Sleep studies are vital as untreated sleep apnea leads to an increased risk for heart attacks, high blood pressure, stroke and other medical conditions.
It is a holistic medical therapy combining exercise, training and patient education on pulmonary disorders and their management. The programme has significantly improved the quality of life of numerous patients.
Purpose of the Programme
The programme primarily aims to:
• Decrease disease symptoms
• Minimize hospitalisation time and
• Increase patient mobility
The programme spans over a period of 6-8 weeks requiring 2-3 visits, lasting for 30-60 minutes every week. Each session is planned and customised involving the exercise/breathing techniques/education/nutrition counselling under the expert supervision of our staff.
Post Programme Execution
In order to sustain the benefits attained during the programme the patient should continue to exercise regularly at home. Home exercise is initiated during the second or third week of rehabilitation.
The hospital offers DNB seats for the training of doctors in the field of Pulmonology. A number of Pulmonary Education Programmes and workshops are conducted on Spirometry, Non-Invasive Ventilation/Critical Care Ventilation and Procedures/Bronchoscopy/Allergy test etc., under the Aegis of ‘Academy of Pulmonary Education and Stimulation’ for doctors/and postgraduate students in pulmonary and internal medicine.
Top Services Offered:
• Pulmonary Rehabilitation Service
• Fibre-Optic Video Bronchoscopy
• Sleep Lab and Polysomnography
• Speciality Clinics
- Dr. H. B. Chandrashekar
MBBS, DTCD, MD (Chest)
Director and Senior Consultant
- Dr. H. V. Suryanarayana
MBBS, MD (Med), DTCD
- Dr. B. R. Ramesh
- Dr. K. R. Bharath Kumar Reddy
MBBS, MD (Paeds)
24-hr Hotline: 98806 00725
Jain Institute of Spine Care and Research (JISAR)
JISAR is the first exclusive spine care department to be established in the state and is staffed with a team of supremely skilled specialist surgeons devotedly working to improve the lives of patients with spinal complications. JISAR is a highly specialised unit with expertise in non-surgical and surgical management of spinal disorders. From the time of our launch in the year 2011, we have been toiling to achieve a perfect blend of expertise and advanced technology to achieve best possible outcomes for patients.The centre adopts a holistic approach to treatment and also provides physiotherapy and rehabilitation to patients.
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Microsurgery
- Image-guided Spinal Injections
- Yoga Therapy
Spine Surgery has progressed rapidly in the last two decades making surgical procedures safer and patient-friendly at JISAR.
• Minimally Invasive Surgery for Osteoporotic Fractures–Balloon Kyphoplasty.
• Surgery for Tuberculosis of Spine.
• Complex Deformity (Scoliosis) Surgery.
Most patients develop fear of spine surgery due to associated myth that spine surgery often leads to paralysis of both legs. However, spine surgery today is very much safe and the risk of paralysis is less than 1% according to the worldwide data available. JISAR, with the acquisition of a new intra-operative neuromonitoring system has significantly improved on the safety of patients in complex spinal deformity surgeries.
Spine and Mind Clinic
The Spine and Mind Clinic is an innovative approach to pain management for patients experiencing chronic back problems and pain-related syndromes. As chronic back pain is associated with anxiety and depression, it is the most common psychosomatic disorder.
A blend of expert surgical precision and psychosomatic intervention makes for complete patient care at JISAR.
Pain Management Programme
This programme has a globally experienced anesthetist, working as a chronic pain management consultant. The services include consultations to interventional pain therapies like facet, foraminal injections and specialised procedures like spinal cord stimulation, acupuncture and hypnotherapy. Our acute pain management team including nursing staff is trained in PCA (Patient-Controlled Analgesia).
This therapy procedure involves slow body movements followed by deep relaxation techniques that help in maintaining the strength and flexibility of the spine.
• Yoga helps give a soothing effect to the mind-body complex thereby reducing acute back pain.
• Yoga causes relaxation response facilitating physiological and biochemical changes serving as
a remedy for all forms of stress.
• A blend of ancient yoga therapy with modern spine surgical techniques is adopted to administer thorough care.
• It is effective holistic approach catering to a diversity of back problems.
Research and updating of knowledge are imperative to increasing awareness about health conditions and their treatment.
• JISAR religiously runs training programmes for surgeons.
• Specialised training facilities for national and international surgeons.
• Short-term and long-term programmes
• Cadaveric workshops
Research and Publications
We publish and release a quarterly newsletter called ‘JISAR NEWS’ - for the medical fraternity- which is circulated within the state. It serves as a good source of medical updates from JISAR and recent developments in the spine care domain. About 10,000 issues are circulated per quarter. Research programmes are initiated and conducted on a regular basis at our centre. Our devoted research associates assemble data and use internationally-accepted scoring methods to produce the results of clinical studies. This information is used as a futuristic literature-referral tool.
- Dr. Mahesh B. H.
MBBS, MS (Ortho) (AIIMS)
Head of the Department
- Dr. Upendra B. N.
MBBS, MS (Ortho) (AIIMS)
- Dr. Shivanna V.
MBBS, MD (PGMER),
FRCA (UK), FIPP
Chronic Pain Specialist
- Dr. Anand Jayaraman
MBBS, MRC Psych (UK)
- Dr. Vijay S.
(CMC Vellore) Spine Registrar
Dr. Arun Kumar G. C.
Direct number: 99000 20262 / 080409 30444
Jain Institute of Plastic, Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery (JIPHAR)
The Department of Plastic, Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery specialises in procedures that not only restore the functionality of target organs but also re-establish self-confidence of individuals. This reflects great expertise on the part of the surgeons.
- Reconstructive Hand Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Deformity Correction
- Peripheral Nerve Management
The Department of Hand Surgery handles a variety of conditions. Our vastly experienced surgeons leave no stone unturned in delivering the best patient outcomes as possible.
The following sub-speciality services are offered by the department:
• Reconstructive Hand Surgery
• Assessment and Treatment of Hand and Wrist Fractures
• Hand Deformity Correction
• Peripheral Nerve Management
Reconstructive hand surgery
It helps restore the aesthetics and functionality of the hand, wrist and forearm. The aim of such surgical procedures is to re-establish normal mobility of the hands.
Hand and wrist fractures
Fractures of the hand result in non-alignment of bones in the hand making even simple functions like holding a pen difficult. Our specialised healthcare team is capable of swift assessment and treatment of all hand and wrist fractures providing evidence-based, customised treatment modalities.
Hand deformity correction and management
Congenital deformities and post-traumatic deformities require special care and management. Our surgeons work to restore functional and aesthetic features of a deformity whilst providing post-surgery care.
Peripheral nerve management
Diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome and other neuropathies have become cases of common incidence in today’s booming economy. Our peripheral nerve management protocol aims to provide comprehensive care starting from diagnosis and surgery to rehabilitation programmes. The department offers microsurgical expertise in doing nerve repair, nerve grafting, and nerve release for all kinds of peripheral nerve damages.
The Department of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery specialises in enhancing aesthetics through cosmetic surgery. Our surgeons sculpt different parts of the body to produce results as per the requirements of their patients. Some of routinely performed surgeries include:
We specialise in reconstructing the face for injuries, facial palsy, congenital defects and cancer removal. Other procedures include:
• Correction of protruding ears
• Correction of drooping upper eyelids and removal of puffy under eye bags
• Hair follicular unit transplantation to correct baldness
• Rhinoplasty to change the shape of the nose (commonly referred to as ‘nose job’)
• Ear, nose, eyelid, lip reconstructions
We perform breast augmentation and reduction and breast reconstruction that are removed due to cancer.
We reconstruct all regions of the body from head to toe. We use the best techniques to achieve superior results. Facelifts, body sculpting and removal of wrinkles, creases and acne scars are performed along with abdomen flattening (of the tummy) and liposuction.
All kinds of scars are treated to achieve better outcomes.
The department treats all kinds of burns with multimodality treatment to achieve good
outcomes. Burn contractures and scars require expert correction and is provided in the department.
- Dr. Deepak S. Shetty
MBBS, MS, MCh (Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery)
- Dr. Kishan Rao K.
MBBS, MS (Ortho), DNB (Ortho), MNAMS, PBFHS
(Hand and Peripheral Nerve Surgery)
- Dr. Manjunath
MBBS, MS, MCh
(Plastic, hand and Cosmetic Surgeon)
Ext. Plastic:4591, Hand:1503
Direct number:+91 80 2220 7188
+91 80 2226 0944
Jain Institute of Maternal and Child Health (JIOM)
With the vision - “Healthy Women, Healthy World”, Jain Institute of Maternal and Child Health embodies the fact that as custodians of family health, women play a significant role in maintaining the health and wellbeing of their families benefitting the whole community. Jain Institute of Maternal and Child Health (JIOM) is a pioneer in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The department is a full-fledged Unit for Women’s Health catering to all the healthcare needs of women. We embrace a holistic approach that is delivered by a team of well-experienced and skilled consultants trained at national and international levels.
- Well-Woman Care
- Sexual Health
- IVF and Fertility
- High-risk Pregnancy Care
It is extremely vital for expectant mothers to be under the supervision of well-experienced gynaecologists who monitor them on a periodic basis. Also post-delivery health is as important as one’s health during the course of pregnancy. The department handles a variety of complications efficiently, right from pregnancy to post-delivery care, to facilitate smooth transition into motherhood.
Sexual health a topic considered as a cultural taboo is a vital and important topic of discussion. Our team of well-versed specialists provides a forum to discuss issues related to sexual health and wellbeing. These discussions and deliberations include active participation from the people seeking sexual healthcare guidance and counselling, and help in providing solutions to a number of queries usually related to:
• Fear of unplanned pregnancies
• Infertility concerns
• Sexually transmitted diseases
• Chronic diseases such as cancer or heart diseases
Sexual education furnishes valuable information that will help one build a stable relationship with his/her partner.
Menopause is a phase in a woman’s life that ceases her unmatched ability to reproduce. At times the phase can be stressful and depressing and needs addressing in an appropriate manner. Our experienced doctors at JIOM dedicatedly work to help all women overcome their menopause-related problems, with specialized counselling and treatment regimens.
Infertility is a harsh reality that many couples endure silently. However, with the advent of scientific research and advanced technology, prospects of having a baby seem to appear brighter. Our team of trained specialists is equipped to perform a thorough and customised patient analysis to transform dreams of parenthood, into reality. JIOM takes pride in transforming numerous childless couples to be blessed with children.
A complete health check-up is extremely essential and mandatory to prevent diseases early. Our services include promoting prevention practices, recognizing risk factors for diseases and identifying medical problems. Our assessment includes screening, evaluation, counselling and immunization based on age and risk factors.
Laparoscopy is a popular, minimally invasive procedure employed to perform various diagnostic tests and surgical procedures. Laparoscopic procedures are routinely used by our surgeons and have the following advantages over conventional surgery:
• Quick recovery
• Fewer post-operative complications and lesser pain
• Lesser scarring
The Department of Maternal-Fetal Medicine deals with high-risk pregnancy care and critical care obstetrics. The department is committed to providing the highest level of obstetric care, prenatal consultations and diagnostic services along with medical education and clinical research. We have a vast number of referrals from other hospitals, across the city and outside.
Clinical Conditions and Treatments
Our doctors are adept at handling all obstetric emergencies with utmost precision and care. Our team caters to conditions related to:
• Pregnancies complicated by fetal abnormalities including growth disorders, inherited diseases and structural abnormalities;
• Pregnancies complicated by a range of medical and obstetric disorders including HELLP syndrome, autoimmune disorders, coagulation disorders; and
• Recurrent pregnancy loss, to name a few.
The rich experience in high-risk pregnancy care allows prognosis for future pregnancies and methods for minimising potential complications.
High Dependency Care
High-risk pregnancies are a common phenomenon today as an increased number of pregnancies present with pre-existing medical conditions such as hypertension, thyroid disorders, diabetes, blood-related diseases like thalassemia, recurrent pregnancy loss etc.
Our high-risk pregnancy team provides customised care to ensure safe delivery. Our centre houses an exceptionally skilled team that tackles high-risk cases with fine obstetric care, supported by medical and nursing consultations.
- Dr. Prakash K. Mehta
MD, DGO, DNB, PGDMLE
Head of the Department and
Maternal Fetal Medicine Chief
- Dr. Pramila Nichani
- Dr. Tejavathy
- Dr. Taniya
- Dr. Padmini Prasad
- Dr. Ritu Naresh
- Dr. Vidya Jagirdar
- Dr. Srividya S.
24-hr Hotline: 90360 05423
Jain Unit of Smile Train (JUST)
Jain Unit of Smile Train is a Centre for Cleft Palate and Lip Deformities working exclusively to restore the smiles of patients suffering from cleft lip and cleft palate deformities by performing corrective surgeries. However, this birth defect and correction needs complete rehabilitation over a long period till the child grows up to be an adult, carefully guiding the patients and their families through the entire journey.
- Counselling for parents
- Pre-surgical orthopaedics treatment (nasoalveolar molding)
- Postnatal work-up
- Nutritional counselling
- Growth and development monitoring
- Surgery for cleft lip and palate
- Speech assessment (naso endoscopy and speech therapy)
- Orthodontic treatment and alveolar bone grafting
Our unit provides comprehensive care through consultation, treatment and rehabilitation, to patients suffering from all types of maxillofacial complications. Other specialists in the form of an Orthodontist and a Speech and Language Pathologist help provide a holistic treatment module for the patients.
The centre aims at broadening the horizons of enthusiastic doctors by offering a variety of educational programmes.
• The centre offers a 1 year fellowship programme in Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery , certified by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
• The department is a learning centre for medical students from across the globe, for its technical advancement in surgical procedures used by our surgeons. Our courses and programmes enable students and trainees to earn opportunities to travel abroad for further training or work.
- Dr. Krishnamurthy Bonanthaya
MBBS, MDS, FDSRCS (Eng), FFDRCS (Ire)
Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon
Project Director, Smile Train
- Dr. Pritham N. Shetty
MDS, MOMSRCPS (Glas)
Consultant Maxillofacial Suregon
Direct number: 080 4107 6718
Jain Institute of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
Maxillofacial surgery is an internationally recognised surgical speciality, which is performed to treat anomalies of the neck, face, jaws, head and mouth. The Department of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery was established to provide advanced craniofacial and maxillofacial care in India. Our renowned surgeons contribute not only towards the treatment of medical conditions but also aim to fulfill the aesthetic requirements of patients.
• Defects caused by diseases and traumatic facial injuries pertaining to the oral and maxillofacial regions
• Benign and malignant tumours in the orofacial region
• Cranio-maxillofacial abnormalities with functional and cosmetic defects
• Reconstruction of parts of head and neck, and restoration of appearance close to the original appearance of the patient
Pathology-related Surgical Procedures are done for the following:
• Tumours of the Head and Neck
• Oral Cancer
• Head and Neck Infections
• Vascular Malformations of Head and Neck
• Microvascular Reconstruction of Head and Neck
• Facelifts and Brow lifts
• Face Sculpting: Cheek and Lip Augmentation
• Liposuction and Liposculpting
• Nasal Corrective or Aesthetic Surgeries–Rhinoplasty
Trauma Associated Surgical Procedures are done for the following
• Fractures of cheek, bone, upper and lower jaws, forehead, skull and facial bones
• Dental injury or suturing of facial wounds
• Surgery for Sleep Apnea
• Osteotomy for Correction of Jaw Deformities
• The department offers a variety of educational programmes. International Medical Trainees visit the department on a monthly basis to update themselves on the technical advancements in the surgical procedures performed here by our team of surgeons.
• Fellow students and trainees often earn opportunities to travel abroad for further training or work, upon completion of their courses at BMJH.
- Dr. Kishore Nayak
MDS, FDS RCS (Eng)
FDS RCPS (Glas)
- Dr. Sanjiv Nair
Dr. Balasubramanya Kumar
- Dr. Anjan Kumar Shah
MDS, FDS, FFD, FICOI
Direct number::+91 80 2220 7188
+91 80 2226 0944
Department of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery
The Department of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery takes all matters of the heart into serious consideration. Staffed with globally trained cardiologists and two catheterisation laboratories, our vastly experienced team endeavours to alleviate all your cardiac conditions, with care and compassion. We have a variety of diagnostic procedures that help in disease identification and follow appropriate treatment protocol.
• Off-pump Bypass Surgery
• Radio frequency Ablation
• Tissue Doppler
• High-end Complicated Paediatric Surgeries
Cardiology and Cardiothoracic surgery deals with medical diagnosis, surgery and treatment of the following disorders:
• Congenital heart defects
• Coronary artery disease
• Heart failure
• Valvular heart disease and electrophysiology
The department is staffed with the most experienced and well-qualified consultants, technicians and nursing personnel. It is a dedicated department with its own compliment of beds, operation theatres, coronary care units and an ultramodern Cath Lab. Well-trained in-house cardiologists are available round the clock to attend to all emergencies.
• Sophisticated ICU with a 20-bedded coronary unit
• High-end adult and paediatric cardiac OT
• Post-surgical facility of 10-bedded ICU and CCU
• Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
• Coronary Angiography in Digital Hybrid Cath Lab
• Catheterisation lab and Superior hybrid catheterisation lab
• 2D Echocardiography, Dobutamine Stress Echo
• Electrocardiogram (ECG)
• Holter monitor
• Echocardiography, 3D Echocardiography
• TMT (Tread Mill Test)
• Tissue Doppler Imaging
• Transesophageal Echocardiography
• Strain Rate Imaging
• Event Recording
• Radial angiogram
• Device Closures (ASD–atrial septal defect, VSD–ventricular septal defect) and Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
• EP–electrophysiology studies
• Radiofrequency ablation
• CRT–cardiac resynchronisation therapy (Heart failure treatment devices)
• Off-pump bypass surgeries
• High-end complicated paediatric surgeries
• Minimally invasive surgeries or repair
• Coronary Artery Bypass Graft surgery (CABG)
• Valve Repairs and Replacement Surgeries
• Aortic Balloon Valvotomy (ABV)
• Permanent Pacemaker Implantation (PPI)
• Temporary Pacemaker Implantation (TPI)
• Placement of Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
Cardiology services are provided on a 24/7 basis. The Department imparts Community services in the form of regular cardiac camps, which are conducted in and around Bengaluru. Preventive cardiac health check-ups are conducted at the Hospital to screen patients for potential impending diseases so that corrective action may be taken in time to prevent high morbidity.
Our Paediatric Cardiology department offers comprehensive and compassionate cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery services to all age groups of children. These services are available round the clock.
Paediatric cardiology is a highly specialised branch of cardiology dealing with neonates and children affected by heart diseases. Paediatric cardiology services include a wide range of diagnostic and interventional procedures ranging from fetal echocardiography to management of neonates and children suffering from heart diseases.
We, at BMJH offer non-invasive and invasive paediatric cardiology services to children of all ages. Common congenital heart diseases like ASD, VSD and PDA are closed using devices in the catheterisation laboratory. Balloon dilatation of stenotic (blocked) valves in children and also newborns is done at our centre. Paediatric cardiac surgeries, which need high level of expertise and postoperative care, are done successfully at our centre with excellent outcomes. We, as a team are committed to providing holistic care to infants and children suffering from heart diseases.
Electrophysiology as a branch has evolved over the years and it has become a speciality in itself. We have a dedicated electro physiologist as a part of our cardiology team at BMJH to provide the best possible services. We are equipped to handle patients requiring expert care. Our aim is to provide overall care for patients suffering from cardiac problems.
If you have the following symptoms rush to BMJH
- Dr. Venkatesulu R. S.
MD, DM (Cardiology)
HOD, Department of Cardiology
Senior Interventional Cardiologist
MON - SAT 10.30AM - 4.30PM
- Dr. Kavya Mallikarjun
MD (Paediatrics), FNB
Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist
MON - SAT 9.00AM - 4.00PM
- DR.PRAVEEN KUMAR.A.V
MBBS,DNB (GEN MEDICINE),DNB (CARDIOLOGY)
Department of Cardiology
MON - SAT 11.00AM - 5.00PM
- DR.PRASAD .M.BHATT
MBBS,DNB (GEN MEDICINE),DNB (CARDIOLOGY)
Department of Cardiology
MON - SAT 10.30AM - 4.00PM
- DR.GANESH NAYAK
Department of Cardiology
- DR.MURALI KRISHNA
Department of Cardiology
- DR.NAGESH BASAVARAJ
Department of Cardiology
Direct number: +91 80 2220 7188
+91 80 2226 0944
Department of Arthritis and Joint Replacement
In the heart of Bengaluru city is located the first-of-its-kind Department that provides one-stop comprehensive care for all Arthritis and Joint problems. The Department strives to provide best possible treatment using cutting-edge technology for Arthritis and other musculoskeletal problems. We offer a holistic approach to treat young and elderly to alleviate musculoskeletal problems and perform replacements of knee and hip joints.
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that is caused due to damage of cartilage leading to bones rubbing against each other. This is presented with symptoms such as pain, stiffness, deformity and instability in the joints. About 180 million people in India are affected by Arthritis with many more joining the league due to negligence and lack of treatment.
• Primary Assessment
• Detailed Evaluation
• Appropriate Medication for Pain relief
• Joint injections to control inflammation and improve lubrication
• Rehabilitation and Exercises
• Discussion about extent of joint damage with patients and their families
• Brief information about surgical options
• Detailed planning of the surgery by the team of doctors
• Post-operative care and follow-up sessions
• Freedom from pain
• Correction of leg deformities such as bowlegs or knock legs
• Painless surgeries
• Lesser blood loss
• Reduced chances of complications
• Accurate results with faster recovery
• Quick recovery to normal life
- Dr. Sreedhar Singh
MCh (orth) UK, FRCS (trauma and orth) UK, FRCS (Edinburgh), FRCS (Glasgow)
Hotline number:+91 90350 98835
• DR. SUDHAKAR KOPPAD
• DR. SUNIL CHHABRIA
• DR. VISHWANATH J
• DR. JACOB ANAND
• DR. MOHAMMED AZAM DANISH
• DR. DAVAN.K.R
• DR. FAROOQ ULLAH KHAN
• Dr. Manoj Parekh - MBBS, DVD, MISD, MCSI
• Dr. Meera Sridhar - MBBS, MD, DVD, DDV
• Dr. Nishanth Hiremath S - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Abhay Gundgurthi - MBBS, MD,DNB(Endocrinology)
• Dr. Chadda - MBBS, MS, DLO
• Dr. Vinod Urs - MBBS, MS, DLO, HNAHS
• Dr. Srinivasan S - MBBS, MS, DNB
• Dr. Kannan Ramaswamy - MBBS, MD, DNB, MRCP
• Dr. Rama Rao S - MBBS, MD, DM
• Dr. Sameer Baliga - MBBS, MS, MCH
• Dr. M V Shashidhar - BDS, D.ORTHO, FRSH
• Dr. Anitha - BDS
• DR. SUPREET
• DR.LAKSHMI MURTHY
• Dr. T S Ravindra - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Arun Narayan - MBBS, MD, DTM&H
• Dr. Suraj B M - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Harsha N S - MBBS, MD
• Dr. V B Ashok - MBBS, MD
• Dr. C R Chhallani - MBBS, MS, FACS, FICS
• Dr. Ashok Nayak - MBBS, MS
• Dr. Srikanth Jagirdar - MBBS, MS
• Dr. Krishna Reddy - MBBS, MS
• Dr. Preeti Hiremath - MBBS, MS
• Dr. Sapna T
• DR.KISHAN RAO
• Dr. Indushekar S - MBBS, MD, DMRD
• Dr. Kopparthi Balaiah - MBBS, MD (Pathology)
• Dr. Ramesh Soyaru Kamat - MBBS, MD (Pathology)
• Dr. Nandhini - MBBS, MD (Biochemistry)
• Dr. Geetha B S - MBBS, MD (Pathology)
• Mrs. Geetha Samethadka MSc, M.Phil (Microbiology)
• DR. PRAKASH MEHTA
• DR. KRISHNAMURTHY BONANTHAYA
• DR. PRITHAM SHETTY
• DR. SANJIV NAIR
• DR. ANJAN SHAH
• DR. BALASUBRAMANYA KUMAR
• Dr. Raviendranath N - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Anoop M - MBBS, MD, DNB
• Dr. B P Mruthyunjayanna - MBBS, MD, DM
• Dr. Manjunath N C - MBBS, MD(Paed) DM
• Dr.Sharan Srinivasan - MBBS, DNB (Neuro Surgery), MNAMS
• Dr. Krishna Prasad - MBBS, DNB (Neuro)
• Dr. A Raghavan - MBBS, MS
• Dr. U D Bafna - MBBS, MD,
• Dr. Anil Kamath - MBBS, MS, MCH
• Dr. Veerendra Kumar - MBBS, MS, DNB
• Dr. Udaya Kumar Maiya - MBBS, MD, DNB (RADIATION ONCOLOGY)
• Dr. DR. VIDHYA JAGIRDAR
• DR. PRAMILA NICHANI
• DR. TANIYA KHANUM
• DR. THEJAVATHY G V
• DR.PADMINI PRASAD
• Dr. Sanjay Sakaria - MBBS, MS
• Dr. Rajesh Parekh - MBBS, MS, FAEH
• Dr. Srikant S Iyengar - MBBS, MS
• Dr. Manjunath Kumar K - MBBS, MS(ORTHO),
• Dr. Nitin Bhandari - MBBS, D ORTHO, MS
• Dr. N Prakash - MBBS, MS
• Dr. Raghu K Hiremagalur - MBBS, D ORTHO, FRCS
• DR.GAURAV SHARMA
• DR.MAHADEV JATTI
• Dr. Sanjay Prakash - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Guru Prakash.V.K - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Vyankatesh Chavan - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Shivaleela - MBBS, MD, DM
• Dr. Chethan M J - MBBS, MS, DNB
• Dr. DR. DEEPAK S SHETTY
• DR.MANJUNATH MEDLERI
• Dr. Jaya Prakash - MBBS, DPM
• DR. H B CHANDRASHEKAR
• DR. H V SURYANARAYANA
• DR. B R RAMESH
• DR.BHARATH KUMAR REDDY
• Dr. Rajan Balasubramanyam - MBBS, MD, DMRD, DNB
• Dr. Gnana Prakash - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Prakash Munoth M - MBBS, DMRD, MD
• Dr. Greeta Mathews - MBBS, DMRD, DNB
• Dr. Suresh Kumar - MBBS, MD
• Dr. Praveen Kumar P - MBBS, MDRD, DNB-RD
• Dr. Shankar Reddy - MBBS, MD
• DR. MAHESH H BIJJAWARA
• DR. UPENDRA B N
• Dr. Hemanth Kumar A - MBBS, MS
• Dr. Vijay Kumar C S - MBBS, MS, MCH
• Dr. Mahendra Jain - MBBS, MS, MCH, DNB
• Dr. DR. K R SURESH
• DR. VIVEKANAND
• DR. VISHNU
• DR. SUMANTH RAJ