Welcome to Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital
Emergency - 080 4087 5500
The Department of Gastroenterology has been functional since the inception of Jain Hospital. The department caters to patients into a variety of luminal gastrointestinal diseases ,pancreatic problems and liver disorders.
The department offers both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for gastrointestinal ailment and Gastrointestinal emergencies. This department is well equipped with state of art endoscopy unit along with an Inbuilt Fluoroscopy machine unit.
A wide range of gastrointestinal problems like heartburns , vomiting , diarrhea , and abdominal pain are worked up as per protocol.
The treatment is offered depending on the outcome of result.
• Gastroesophageal reflex diseases
• Acid peptic disease
• Coeliac disease and sprue like conditions
• Gastrointestinal bleed Both Acute and overt
• Chronic diarrhea
• Tropical gastrointestinal diseases
• Inflammatory Bowel diseases
Patients with variety of liver disorders are given treatment both in outpatient and inpatient settings. Obstructive jaundice secondary to gallstone diseases ,malignant diseases of the priliary are managed with ERCP. Both acute and chronic liver failure are dealt in an intensive care unit. Real time USG guided liver topsy and PTBD are other procedures routinely done , if indicated.
• Acute Hepatitis
• Chronic Hepatitis B, and C, auto immune , Alcoholic
• Liver cell failure and Cirrhosis of liver
• Liver abscess
• Malignant liver disorders
• Portal hypertension and complications
Patients suffering from pancreatitis obstructive pancreatic disorders and pancreatic malignancy
and traumatic pancreatic ductal injury are treated as per the latest guidelines endoscopic retrograde Pancreatography is available for the needy patients
• Acute pancreatitis
• Chronic pancreatitis
• Pancreatic malignant disorders and cystic disorders
• Pseudocyst of pancreas
Children with numerous gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary conditions are diagonal and managed efficiently . Emergency endoscopy retrieval of foreign bodies of Gastrointestinal Tract is available.
• Chronic diarrhea with malabsorption
• Gastroesophageal reflux disease
• Failure to gain weight and nutritional disorders
• Neonatal Cholestasis disorders
• Inflammatory bowel disease
• Wilson’s disease
• Tropical pancreatitis
• Corrosive ingestion
Hydrogen breath test is available and being useful for a host of disorders
• Lactose intolerance
• Other sugar malabsorption
• Gastrointestinal fistulas
MD , DM
MD DNB MRCP(uk)